Stay current: get updates at sCHOOL SECURITY BLOG
Order: ken trump's new school security and emergency preparedness book
LATEST FROM KEN'S BLOG:
View our School Safety Consultant Firm Video - click here
We offer school safety consulting services performed by "school people."
- EXPERT WITNESS AND LITIGATION
- Case consultation and related support for school security, crisis
preparedness, and related school safety cases.
- MEDIA TRAINING DESIGNED FOR
SCHOOLS: We teach communication strategies,
messaging techniques and on camera training that will help
you effectively reach parents, children, businesses and
community decision makers schools.
- SCHOOL SECURITY ASSESSMENTS - School safety assessments help prevent and manage violence, reduce risks and liability, and improve public relations. School security assessments provide proactive, practical, and cost-effective recommendations for school safety and crisis preparedness planning, heightened school security for terrorist threats, school gang prevention and intervention, school security and school police staffing, school security and crisis procedures, physical security, special event management, school crime prevention and school crisis training, school-community collaboration, transportation security, linking security with prevention and intervention programs, and more. Security assessments (sometimes called security audits or evaluations) provide findings and recommendations individualized to your district/school, many at low-cost or no-cost to implement!
- SCHOOL EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS EVALUATION CONSULTATIONS - School emergency planning evaluations and consultation service helps school leaders evaluate school emergency and crisis plans, district and building school crisis teams, school safety drills and exercises, school training on emergency and crisis plans, school crisis communications, and related school emergency planning components.
- SCHOOL CRISIS TABLETOP EXERCISES - Facilitated school emergency/crisis tabletop exercises for building and district crisis teams, and their community agency partners, in a half or full-day professional development type setting to help schools learn whether their written school emergency / crisis plans might work in a real emergency. Tabletop exercises provide a simulation of emergency situations in informal, stress-free environments. Tabletop exercise facilitators, school safety professionals experienced in managing school emergencies and crisis situations, provide a scenario and series of events to stimulate discussions by participants who assess and resolve unfolding problems based on their existing plans.
- SCHOOL SAFETY TRAINING AND PRESENTATIONS- The latest school-specific security trends, crisis preparedness measures, and related strategies are offered in keynote presentations, training workshops, and program facilitation. Our hands-on experience in schools, nationwide travel and contacts, and constantly improving technological resources allow us to maintain our edge in knowing the latest in our field to share with future program participants. Training programs include:
- Proactive school security and
emergency preparedness training helps
schools with improving school staff
emergency management and emergency response capacity, lockdown
and evacuation procedures, crisis media and communications
issues, best practices in security and school crime
prevention, understanding national trends in school deaths
and violence, managing and assessing student threats, school
safety assessment processes, heightened security during
national terror alerts, and related school
safety trends and hot topics.
- Managing media and school community communications on school
safety and crisis issues training program helps school leaders learn how
to effectively communicate school safety and crisis issues
with parents, media, and their school community.
- School gang training
helps school officials and
community partners develop sound gang prevention,
intervention, and enforcement strategies.
- School bus security and emergency training helps
school transportation managers and school bus drivers
prevent and manage violence and emergencies on school buses.
- School terrorism
preparedness training helps school
officials identify practical, cost-effective, and common
sense best practices for "heightened security" and school
emergency preparedness during times of national terrorism
and security alerts.
- Proactive school security and emergency preparedness training helps schools with improving school staff emergency management and emergency response capacity, lockdown and evacuation procedures, crisis media and communications issues, best practices in security and school crime prevention, understanding national trends in school deaths and violence, managing and assessing student threats, school safety assessment processes, heightened security during national terror alerts, and related school safety trends and hot topics.
- POST-CRISIS SCHOOL SAFETY CONSULTATION SERVICES - Post-crisis school safety consulting support services help school board members, superintendents, and principals address parent and school-community concerns about school security and emergency preparedness issues after a crisis.
- SCHOOL SAFETY CONSULTING SERVICES - Consultation and technical assistance on school safety planning, school safety in facility design, security/police department evaluations, security program development, post-crisis consultation, crisis guideline development, security policies and procedures, safety program resource development, and media consultation. Contact Ken Trump directly to discuss how we can find solutions to your unique school security, crisis preparedness, and related school safety questions.
Other specialized and off-site school safety consultation services can be developed to meet the unique school safety needs of school officials and representatives of their broader school community. Contact Ken Trump directly to discuss how we can help with your specific needs.